[mrtg] Re: bandwidth tool for web server!!

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sun Feb 2 12:58:26 MET 2003

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 10:59:14AM +0200, Magdy Ibrahim wrote:

> I have a web server we used it to hosp about 25 web sites on it...
> I am looking for a tool te show me the actuall bandwidth used by each web
> page to allow me to calculate the cost of the bandwidth used by each page
> separately...
> Please guide me if there is such tool or advice me to how to calculate the
> cost....

Look in the log files of the webserver.  There has to be a field in
each line stating the amount of bytes.

If you want to use MRTG to do the job, write a script that returns
the amount of bytes for web site #1 and present that to MRTG using
the external program interface.

If you do *not* want to use MRTG, you are not on the right mailing list.

Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit