[mrtg] Re: Problems with Graph

Brander, Eric Eric.Brander at ACS-INC.com
Mon Feb 3 18:50:23 MET 2003

The number reported is Bytes per second, not Bits per second (unless you
used the BITS option, which is not included in your example).  So without
seeing the actual data, I'd guess that what you are witnessing is 80 bytes
per second, or 640 bits per second, since it is theoretically impossible for
your E1 to be 640 megabits per second. (hmm, if I got my math right - need
more coffee, brain hurts already)

Check in to the Bits option and see if that gets you the results you are
expecting.

Eric Brander
ACS
Texas CHIP Account
Sr. Communications Engineer - Information Systems Department
512.336.3331
Eric dot Brander at acs-inc dot com

-----Original Message-----
From: Uriel Aragón [mailto:uaragon at kionetworks.com]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 11:49 AM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Problems with Graph

Hello,

I'm using MRTG to graph a bandwidth of a serial of a Cisco router, I  have
configure a Serial with a E1, but sometimes the MRTG show in its graph more
than 80 Mbps, the question is, can I get more than E1 from this  interface
or is a real bandwidth, I don't understand how can I get more than  E1.

This is my configuration in my Server:

Target[k1]: 2:comunity. at X.X.X.X:
MaxBytes[k1]: 250000
Title[k1]: Traffic Analysis K1
PageTop[k1]: <H1>Análisis de tráfico para el Serial0/0:0 de kioiusamonex,
Puerto 7</H1>
Directory[k1]: k1

Any ideas?

Thanks.