[mrtg] Include files and WorkDirs

Colin Horsington chorsington at flow.com.au
Tue Feb 4 23:41:48 MET 2003

Hi,

I have one main mrtg.cfg where I set all the global config options.  I then
include all other configs from a directory tree.

For example:
/etc/mrtg.cfg
/etc/mrtg/devicetype_1/device_1.cfg
/etc/mrtg/devicetype_1/device_2.cfg
/etc/mrtg/devicetype_1/device_3.cfg
/etc/mrtg/devicetype_2/device_a.cfg
/etc/mrtg/devicetype_2/device_b.cfg
/etc/mrtg/devicetype_2/device_c.cfg

Where all the devices.cfg are created from policies based upon devicetype
definitions.  Now each device.cfg defines it's own WorkDir: in the
form...(via cfgmaker --global "WorkDir: %s")

WorkDir: /var/www/mrtg/device_x/

However all the rrd's/logs/htmls for all devices are placed in the same one
directory, this directory is:

/var/www/mrtg/device_x/

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Colin

PS. Main mrtg.cfg is:

###
#
#  MRTG Configuration file
#
###
#
#  This file contains global configuration options
#  and includes which point to other configs for devices.
#  This file _SHOULD_NOT_ contain information pertaining
#  to devices.
#
#  All device configs are stored in /etc/mrtg/
#
#

###
#