[mrtg] Re: Bandwidth Monitoring Total

Lindahl, Carl crl at rti.org
Mon Feb 10 15:36:55 MET 2003

What type of connection is this 128k connection? Most likely this is a full
duplex connection where you have 128k of bandwidth in each direction. So out
of 128k inbound you are using 100k. Outbound you have another 128k but only
using 40k of it.

Inbound, you are close to the link's max of 128k. I would personally
consider a link upgrade, but that is outside the scope of this, i.e. budget,
equipment, local loop installs, etc.

Carl