[mrtg] Problems with ?dates? on FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE sparc64

Corey Smith csmith at bonddesk.com
Mon Feb 10 20:59:08 MET 2003

I'm having some problems with mrtg on a FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE sparc64
build.

With either rrdtool or mrtg logfiles the data collection piece of mrtg
fails with what seems like problems with dates.  If we could focus on
rrd generation (because rrd rocks!)...

Excuse the formatting!

mrtg$ uname -a
FreeBSD mrtg.bonddesk.com 5.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE #0: Fri Jan 17
20:03:38 GMT 2003
root at numenor.btc.adaptec.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  sparc64
mrtg$ date
Mon Feb 10 14:49:59 EST 2003
mrtg$ perl -e 'print scalar(time) . "\n";'
1044906638
mrtg$ pkg_info | egrep '^(mrtg|rrdtool|perl)'
mrtg-2.9.25,1       The multi-router traffic grapher
perl-5.8.0_4        Practical Extraction and Report Language
rrdtool-1.0.40      Round Robin Database Tools
mrtg$ mrtg mrtg-simple.cfg
ERROR: Cannot create logfile: the first entry to the RRD should be after
1980

I'm not really sure where the problem is...  Any ideas?

-Corey Smith