[mrtg] Re: crontab times

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Feb 13 01:09:44 MET 2003

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 09:47:18AM +1100, Peter Milburn wrote:

> Hi this might sounds silly, but there is any reason why the poll time have
> to be 5 min intervals. If I was to change it to very 2 mins, would that any
> affect on the graphs not being displayed correctly ?

They will be different but it won't make a big difference.
Poll time and graph time are unrelated...

> I notice on the page it is giving a 5 minute average.

It will continue to do so even if you poll every two minutes.
Search the web for interpolation.

Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit