[mrtg] MRTG lockfile

DeWitt Michael A1C 9 CS/SCBBS Michael.Dewitt at beale.af.mil
Fri Feb 14 22:53:42 MET 2003

Hi,

I am currently running MRTG to monitor our main Cisco Devices on a Win2000
machine.

When I run MRTG I get this error:
I guess another mrtg is running. A lockfile (0007507_int.cfg_l)
aged 241121 seconds is hanging around and I can't remove
it because another process is still using it. at mrtg line 1367.

Now the problem is that MRTG is not running. I cannot even delete the lock
file or the cfg file to start over. I have reviewed my processes and
services and am seeing nothing unusual. All I need to do is get rid of the
lock file. I even tried to restart the computer, but that too did not get
rid ouf it. Is there a command I can run? What can I do?

MICHAEL B DEWITT, A1C USAF
Network Infrastructure Technician
9 CS/SCBBS
Beale AFB, CA 95903