[mrtg] 4th and 5th columns in MRTG logfile

Shahira Rasmy srasmy at nile-online.net
Mon Feb 17 08:52:29 MET 2003

Deal All,
I need an urgent help in this.I still can't understand the values in the 4th and 5th columns in MRTG log file.
I know they represent the maximum in a given period,but i can't understand what is this period in case of daily section??????
I  thought that the 2nd & 4th,and, the 3rd & 5th columns will be identical as the reading is taken every 5 minutes so the max in this period will be the value itself.But i found the values to be different!!!!!!

Can anyone help me to understand how the mrtg thinks??????????????

Thanks,
Shahira