[mrtg] Re: Autoprefix on Windows?

Herold Heiko Heiko.Herold at previnet.it
Wed Feb 19 16:00:51 MET 2003

autoprefix is my code (hack). I never had a possibility to test it on NT,
although the code is very simple and keeps present the difference between
unix and windows dir separator (/ or \).

On unix a working example would be
--autoprefix --output /home/mrtg/out/mrtg/overviewprinter.html
with the config file containing
HtmlDir:  /home/mrtg/out/mrtg/printer

generating a prefix of printer/ .

It should work as well if you use something like
--autoprefix --output \some\dir\index.html
HtmlDir:  \some\dir\out

or even
--autoprefix --output d:\some\dir\index.html
HtmlDir:  d:\some\dir\out

it almost certainly won't work if you specify different drives, e.g.
--autoprefix --output d:\some\dir\index.html
HtmlDir:  e:\some\dir\out
(if that makes sense depends of the environment of your http server) since
no provision is made for distinguishing of drives and directories on windows
- you'll probably end up with something like ..\..\..\e:\some\dir\ .
If you want to contribute a patch to indexmaker you'll need to add some
simple logic in sub subpath($$).

Heiko

-- PREVINET S.p.A.            Heiko.Herold at previnet.it
-- Via Ferretto, 1            ph  x39-041-5907073
-- I-31021 Mogliano V.to (TV) fax x39-041-5907472
-- ITALY