[mrtg] Graphing peer point traffic

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Fri Feb 21 00:27:13 MET 2003

I'm in the process of looking at ways to monitor traffic across a
peerpoint. What we are trying to do is monitor the traffic across a peer
point, with traffic from either ISP that is destined the other ISPs network
not being measured, since we are only interested in monitoring traffic that
transits *through* the other ISP to the Internet via their connections.
Does anyone know an easy way to make MRTG graph transit across a peering
point based on AS path or destination netblock? Right now everything seems
to say I need to monitor flows with Cisco's NetFlow info.

Has anyone set something like this up that can offer some pointers?

	-Bill