[mrtg] data storage

Sander Foppen zjwoelle at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 24 11:41:50 MET 2003

I'm running MRTG for a while now, and I'm quite satisfied. I'm using it
in combination with RRDTool and 14all.cgi. I'm doing the data collection
(MRTG), the data storage (RRDTool) and the data presentation (14all) on
2 systems. One for MRTG and a webserver 14all and RRDTool. This is not
the situation that I want.

What I want is the following:
One system only for collection data, MRTG.
One system only for data starage, RRDTool.
And the 14All script on the webserver.

The problem is not to store the rrd's on a system other then the MRTG
system, but for the 14all.cgi to read the rrd's from an other system.

Does anyone has any experience with a situation like this?