[mrtg] Re: Monitoring Temperature

nate mrtg at aphroland.org
Fri Feb 28 22:11:38 MET 2003

Kerry Werry said:

> Sorry for the previous mixed up post, please see below:
>
> We would like to monitor temperature in our server rack in our data
> center. We do not have any equipment that we can use for this. Does anyone
> have any suggestion for temperature monitoring (utilizing MRTG of course),
> buying some new hardware is an option but what??

this works for me:

http://howto.aphroland.de/HOWTO/MRTG/TemperatureAndHumidtyWithNUT

I am about to totally revamp that page though, to mirror this one
more:
http://howto.aphroland.de/HOWTO/MRTG/NUTWithMRTG

I just finished my new NUT script for mrtg, haven't finished updating
the docs yet.

sample output:
http://mrtg.aphroland.org/temperature/

it requires a APC SmartUPS with a Enviornmental montioring card to
work, as well as Network UPS tools(NUT) www.exploits.org/nut/ (though
the site seems to be down atm)

i love it :)

nate