[mrtg] Monitoring Connectrix Switch

John Abbott ABBOTTJ at stgeorge.com.au
Thu Jan 2 02:54:04 MET 2003

Hi,

We are trying MRTG against the above and have struck a little trouble that I hope you may be able to help with. I have a conf file that seems to be gathering interface stats but I am seeing the output below.

SNMP Error:
Received SNMP response with error code
  error status: noSuchName
  index 1 (OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.8)
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "10.50.2.112" [10.50.2.112].161)
                  community: "public"
                 request ID: 273093819
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.8 ifOutOctets.8 on public at 10.50.2.112
WARNING: Expected a number but got ''
WARNING: Expected a number but got ''

Walking the mib I see the following output for the interface counter:
fcConnUnitPortStatTxElements.'................'.$portNumber

I think the .'................' on the end of the OID is causing some trouble with the snmpget, I anyone using MRTG with SAN switches? can you suggest a conf directive that will ignore this?

Any help wouyld be greatly appreciated.

Regards
John Abbott

*****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom
it is addressed and its content is not intended for use by
any other persons. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately. Please also destroy and
delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form
of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.
St.George is not liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication, nor for any
delay in its receipt.