[mrtg] Re: CPU utilization graphs

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Jan 2 17:22:10 MET 2003

Kenneth,

A few items:

Remove the leading dot from both OIDs in the target.
If you want to have anything other than the WorkDir (like htmldir or icondir), you need to abandon WorkDir and use
all other "Dir" directives.  You look like you might have tried that...

Otherwise, the config looks fine.

Paul

>>> "Kenneth Falor" <kfalor at bellgroup.com> 01/02/03 11:05AM >>>
Hello everyone, Happy New Year.
This is my first post so please be gentle!

I have been using MRTG to monitor my WAN traffic for 4 months without any issues. What a great tool!  Now i want to use it to graph CPU and (eventually) disk access times on my WIN2K servers.  I have been reading as much info
ramation as i can find on the web but i always come back to the same error messages:

I used a small program called snmputilg.exe to get the relevant OID's, and here is my config file:

Workdir: C:\Inetpub\Support_Root\MRTG
Htmldir: C:\Inetpub\Support_Root\MRTG
# Imagedir: C:\Inetpub\Support_Root\MRTG
# Logdir: C:\Inetpub\Support_Root\MRTG
# Icondir: /images/
Options[_]: growright,bits
RunAsDaemon: yes
Interval: 5
#---------------------------------------------------------------

#
# NT Processor Utilization
#

YLegend[localhost.processorLoad]: % Utilization
WithPeak[localhost.processorLoad]: ymw
XSize[localhost.processorLoad]: 300
Options[localhost.processorLoad]: growright, gauge
Target[localhost.processorLoad]: .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.2.1.4.1.48&.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.2.1.5.1.48:<BellGrouper>@localhost
MaxBytes[localhost.processorLoad]: 523444000
ShortLegend[localhost.processorLoad]: %
Legend1[localhost.processorLoad]: Proc Load in next minute
Legend2[localhost.processorLoad]: Proc Load in next minute
Legend3[localhost.processorLoad]: Maximal 5 Minute Proc Load
Legend4[localhost.processorLoad]: Maximal 5 Minute Proc Load
LegendI[localhost.processorLoad]: &nbsp;Load:
LegendO[localhost.processorLoad]: &nbsp;Load:
PageTop[localhost.processorLoad]: <H1>Processor Utilization
 </H1>
 <TABLE>
  <TR><TD>System:</TD><TD>Terminal server 2</TD></TR>
  <TR><TD>Maintainer:</TD><TD>Kenneth Falor</TD></TR>
  <TR><TD>Processor Load MIB:</TD><TD>.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.2.1.4.1.48</TD></TR>
 </TABLE>

For the moment i am trying to get it working on the localhost, but it fails the same way on other servers.  SNMP is running in all cases.

Please help, i have been banging my head on this for a week.

Kenneth Falor
IT Operations