[mrtg] MRTG running, but no PNG graphs

Grover, Ross RGrover at oldrepnatl.com
Tue Jan 7 17:21:10 MET 2003

I'm new to this mailing list, so I apologize if this topic has already been
covered. I have looked through many FAQ's, and posts for answers to this
question - I've found many others with this same issue, but no answers yet:

I'm running Linux RedHat (version 8), and have installed the
mrtg-2.9.25-1.7.2.i386.rpm

Regarding dependencies, I have the following installed:
gd-1.8.4-9
zlib-1.1.4-4
libpng-1.2.2-6
-------------------

After the install, SNMP data is collected, and everything seems to be
running fine. But on the web page, no graphs are displayed. In my html
directory, the .png files are seemingly created, but only 75 bytes long.
Below are the errors I receive:

Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected continuation byte 0xa4, with no
preceding
start byte) at /usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/locales_mrtg.pm line 277.
(this error repeats many times with different line numbers)

gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Invalid filter type specified
gd-png error: setjmp returns error condition
(this error repeats several times as well)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks gang,

--
Ross Grover
Network Administrator
rgrover at oldrepnatl.com