[mrtg] For Time-based Thresholds ........

Marc Tech tychie77 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 21:15:13 MET 2003

Hi everybody,

I have a question ,i hope if some one could answer
...I need to make my mrtg thresholds so much
customized so as to generate triggers on basis of
time.Say we have a bandwidth whose max usage is around
2Mbps ,now i can generate triggers if the input goes
below 20 % during peak working hours say b/w 10:00 Hrs
and 02:00 Hrs.

The question is when the bandwidth usage goes below
500kbps between 02:00 Hrs and 06:00 Hrs ,how can we
generate trigger for a 20 % usage on the basis of the
new baseline i.e 500kbps ? [Note:The bandwith usage
b/w 02:00 Hrs and 06:00 Hrs is around 500Kbps]

Can some one cme up with a workable solution to that ?

-Marc.