[mrtg] Re: week numbering

Brander, Eric Eric.Brander at ACS-INC.com
Thu Jan 9 18:28:35 MET 2003

I have 3 different methods of MRTG graph generation.  RRDTool and 14all on
Red Hat 8, Rateup on Red Hat 8, and Rateup on Win2k.  On all the rateup
generated graph, the last week of the month is 51 and the first is 00.  On
the RRDTool and 14all graphs, the last week is 52, the first 01.

Windows 2k SP3, MRTG 2.9.25

RedHat 8, MRTG 2.9.26, RRDTool 1.0.40, 14all.cgi 1.1p25

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Glanville [mailto:peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 11:04 AM
To: Koelstra, J. (Jan); mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Re: week numbering

Read http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg16311.html
(same topic, same time, last year)

Answer from Tobi was roughly: Week1 starts with the first Monday in
January. Anything before that is not week 1.

I suppose that just leaves the question of whether a week containing Dec31
and Jan1in the middle of it should be labelled week0 or week52!

I tried Weekformat[_]: V and the week numbers vanished for me, too.
I tried %V and the numbers re-appeared (Oops, typo in the reference
manual?). Same week numbers, but the week now starts on a Sunday instead of
Monday.

For the Weekformat command, it's all down to the support from your OS.
(Windoze? - enough said)

Regards
Peter

---------

It's not only RRDtool with 14all that causes wrong weeknumbers:
I am running MRTG 2.9.17 without rrdtool on a Windows NT 4 box, My
graphs show january 1st in week 00 too.
And 'Weekformat[...]: U' causes the weeknumbers to disappear completely.
Other values (V or W) make no difference.

Jan.