[mrtg] Re: MRTG on Mandrake linux 9.0

Denny Snyder DSnyder at suscom.com
Fri Jan 10 20:55:53 MET 2003

You might want to get your mits on the Mandrake contribs....  I think
they are on most Mandrake mirrors....

In the contribs you'll find all kind of cool stuff - mrtg, rrd,
phpnuke, etc...  I usually just download the entire lot and go through
each one....  ;)

Denny Snyder
Network Engineer
Susquehanna Communications
1050 E. King St
York, PA 17403
Office: (717)771-2613
Fax:    (717)843-5400
dsnyder at suscom dot com
dsnyder at suscom dot net

Registered Linux User 280537

"The final evolutionary step of a 'geek'
is 'guru' - unfortunately, most 'geeks'
never survive the metamorphasis."

>>> Robert Walters <Robert.Walters at LodgeWorks.com> 01/09/03 05:33PM

okay guys, my turn to ask the stupid questions...

I have been running MRTG and RRd on Windows 2000 for quite a while.
It
works great.  Due to the number of items I am trending, I decided to
transfer the system to Linux.  MS Windows just does not handle the
quantity
very well.

I am very, very new to Linux, but learning fast.  Can anyone help me
by
telling me the steps to go through to install and run MRTG on Mandrake
Linux
9.0?

Thanks,

RPW

                         \\\///
                        / _  _ \
 |Robert P. Walters          (316) 681-5130 Direct Ext. |
 |Systems Manager            (316) 579-2219 Local Pager |
 |Lodgeworks                 (316) 681-5118 Main Fax    |
 |8100 E. 22nd St. N.         (888) 493-0762 Natnl Pager |
 |Bldg. 500                  Internet Email Address     |
 |Wichita, KS 67226      Robert.Walters at Lodgeworks.Com  |