[mrtg] Re: SNMPGET error when trying to monitor Windows 2000 logical free disk space

Williams, Garth gkwilliams at epcor.ca
Wed Jan 15 16:51:42 MET 2003

Well, Windows 2000 does not come out of the can with logical disk
performance counters turned on.  To do this you must do the
following....

1) Open an OS prompt
2) Type "diskperf /y" (omit the "")
3) close the OS prompt
4) reboot the system

At this point the system should begin to reply to logical disk SNMP
requests.

Regards!

<SNIP>
I am trying to configure MRTG to monitor Logical Disk Free space on a
Windows 2000 Server. I have downloaded Getif to walk my SNMP Mib files.
This has given a Oid value of:

.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.6.1.3 logdskFreeMegabytes

I have entered this value into my MRTG.cfg file with the syntax that was
suggested on a on the Web.

</SNIP>