[mrtg] Re: Blocking ip addresses and/or ports from being recorded

Dana Hudes dhudes at hudes.org
Fri Jan 17 05:27:00 MET 2003

You will find that Netflow is the way to accomplish what you want.
See flowscan. It uses rrdtool.

MRTG only knows what the remote agent tells it.

You might find something in the IP Accounting MIB but a switch
wouldn't support that because it is layer 2 device.

It is possible to get some Netflow expert from some catalyst
switches, see the Flowscan community.