[mrtg] Event Notification

Jonathan P. Tornea jtornea at adb.org
Fri Jan 24 08:54:37 MET 2003

Hi,

I am monitoring my cisco devices and when a link flaps, it gives out the
device ip and the mod/port info.  Now i want  the port name of that
specific port to be included to the event notice for easy identification.
I have a working perl script that give this output:

device_ip:instance:port_name

unfortunately, for this script to run, device_ip and instance(mod/port)
should be inputted manually.  Notice that i can get the device_ip and
instance (mod/port) info from the link flap trap.  My problem is how to
pull out this info from the trap and automatically inputted to my perl
script to be run as an event notice.  Anybody who has this kind of script?
 Thanks.