[mrtg] Re: 95.pl on Win2k - Anyone Successful?

Barry_Young at interliant.com Barry_Young at interliant.com
Mon Jan 27 14:08:48 MET 2003

I have modified the 95.pl script slightly for our own requirements, but for
Windows implementations you will need to reverse the slashes and double
them up, otherwise Perl treats them as special characters....  I have
included part of the modified script that should demonstrate the approach
needed.

eg.
#---- Modified by Barry Young to accept file/directory qualifiers on the
command line
#---- to make this a generic callable routine.
#--         For example: $basedir=  "C:\\MRTG-Data\\ukdc\\";
#--                      $snapshots="C:\\MRTG-Data\\ukdc\\95percent";
#--
$basedir=   @ARGV[0];         # This directory where mrtg saves its .log
and .html files
$snapshots= @ARGV[1];         # Where 95.pl will save a daily copy of the
.log files

Regards,

                      "Skip Khasky"
                      <skhasky at ist-eho         To:      <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
                      st.com>                  cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: [mrtg] 95.pl on Win2k - Anyone Successful?
                      mrtg-bounce at list
                      .ee.ethz.ch

                      26/01/2003 18:19

I am running mrtg 2.9.25 on Win2k and tried to implement 95.pl with no
success. I have adjusted the paths at the top of the script to reflect the
windows path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\etc...' and have tried using what works in
apache - reversing the slashes.  I have also tried using //localhost/mrtg
and everyhting in between.  I'm a bit stumped as all I get is 95.pl
running, but not doing anything and never ceasing. I am fairly certain the
problem is in the path statements at the top of the file and I have even
tried print statements to see where it get's stuck with no apparant
success...

I have reviewed the archives and FAQ on this, with no luck.  I have stepped
through the file line-by-line and admittedly don't understand it
completely, but I can think of nothing else to try!  Any assistance would
be most appreciated!

Skip