[mrtg] Re: memory on w2k server

Elmar van Mourik e.vanmourik at zhew.nl
Wed Jan 29 08:37:44 MET 2003

I've created some scripts which I call from the mrtg config file.
In that case, all the data will be stored within mrtg/rrdtool.
For my system monitoring I only use some custom counters

A part of the MRTG-config file:
# Make stats on number of messges and files scanned
Target[mail-msg]: `/usr/local/bin/chk-viruswall 192.168.75.3 smtp voet`
MaxBytes[mail-msg]: 2000
Options[mail-msg]: growright,perminute,nopercent
Title[mail-msg]: SMTP messages & files processed
PageTop[mail-msg]: <H1>SMTP Message Stats for Voet</H1>
ShortLegend[mail-msg]: p/min
YLegend[mail-msg]: Msg/Files p/m
LegendI[mail-msg]: Msgs:
LegendO[mail-msg]: Files:

A part of the script chk-viruswall:
#!/bin/sh
# Replace these variables with the correspondig values for your system

# Exe is the location of the check_nt file from the NSclient archive
# clientPwd is the password you set in Registry on the NT client
# CPort = Default is 1248.

Exe=/usr/local/bin/check_nt
ClientPwd=password
CPort=1248

# Get stats for number of messages sent/recvd.
if [ $2 = "msg" ]; then
 $Exe -H $1 -p $CPort -s $ClientPwd -v COUNTER -l "\\InterScan E-Mail
Viruswall\\Inbound messages processed","%.f"
 $Exe -H $1 -p $CPort -s $ClientPwd -v COUNTER -l "\\InterScan E-Mail
Viruswall\\Outbound messages processed","%.f"
 $Exe -H $1 -p $CPort -s $ClientPwd -v UPTIME
 echo $3
fi

For more information, take a look at Thomas Nilsen's website:
http://home.broadpark.no/~tnilsen-1/Linux/Mrtg_and_Trend_Viruswall/mrtg_and_
trend_viruswall.html

Elmar van Mourik
System- & Networkadministrator ZHEW