[mrtg] Re: Log Aggregation

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Jul 2 18:11:16 MEST 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 11:27:39AM -0400, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:

> I think the 2 hour values are actually taken from the 24 previous
> 5 minute readings, not the 4 30 minute averages.  I'm sure I'll
> be corrected if I'm wrong.

I think this is true for rrdtool, not for rateup.  So, depending
on the backend used your statement may or may not be true.

MRTG-the-front-end itself does not do much with the values.

cheers,
Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit