[mrtg] Converting to RRDtool

Burke, John R. John.Burke2 at BHSALA.com
Wed Jul 2 23:03:12 MEST 2003

I am trying to convert my mrtg log files to rrd's and run into
conversion problems. The error I get is "error fetching cdp from rra"
during the conversion. An rrd file is created with valid headers (from
rrdtool info command), but I get the same error when trying to fetch
data from the rrd file.

Also, the rrd's that are created give highly inaccurate data (negative
values and such).

I guess it has something to do with running on Win2K (trust me, this is
not my choice) The conversion runs fine on my Linux machine (that I am
not supposed to have running;) but the rrd is in a different format that
cannot be put back on the win2k machine and used by mrtg.

Anybody run into this problem?

jb