[mrtg] Decreasing number of MRTG output files

etakay at ykb.com etakay at ykb.com
Thu Jul 3 16:09:35 MEST 2003

Hi,
I am monitoring more than 1,5  thousand nodes with their interfaces via
MRTG.  And I  have  a file system problem even on my K class HP server.
With the standart configuration there are 11 files generated for a single
interface.
For example: Files generated for se0 interfcae of x.y.z.t router are

x.y.z.t_se0-day.png.meta
x.y.z.t_se0-month.png
x.y.z.t_se0-month.png.meta
x.y.z.t_se0-week.png
x.y.z.t_se0-week.png.meta
x.y.z.t_se0-year.png
x.y.z.t_se0-year.png.meta
x.y.z.t_se0.html
x.y.z.t_se0.html.meta
x.y.z.t_se0.log
x.y.z.t_se0.old

I know, I can stop MRTG to generate daily, weekly, monthly or yearly
graph. But I need all of them. What about the meta files. Are these files
really necessary. Is there any best practice to improve servers file
system performance.

Thanks,

Tolga