[mrtg] ANNOUNCE 2.10.0pre4 (BETA)

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sat Jul 5 00:04:53 MEST 2003

THIS IS ABOUT BETA CODE ... DO NOT USE IT ;-)

Folks ...

I am releasing 2.10.0pre4 ... I just had to discover, that the ipv6
patch that went into 2.10.0pre1 broke the code which switchs from
reading ifInOctets/ifOutOctets to reading
ifHCInOctets/ifHCOutOctets on snmpv2 devices ...

Its fixed now. So if you are living on 2.10.0pre you might want to
upgrade ...

The code is on

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/pub/beta

cheers
tobi

Changes 2.10.0pre4
------------------
From: Alex Samorukov <samm at os2.ru>
* OS/2 port

From: Tobi
* Detect 3com VLAN ids
* mrtg should not gethostbyname on numberic ipv4 addresses
* allow empty variables to be set in SetEnv
* make diff routine more conservative in rateup ...
* snmpv2 did not poll HC counters anymore ... fixed

From: Lorenzo Colitti <lorenzo at colitti.com>,
* updated docs on ipv6
* portability fixes for perl 5.00502

From: Brian Lube <blube at mail.fdn.com>
* use $if_snmp_name if $if_title_desc is empty in cfgmaker

From: Dmitry Sivachenko <mitya at cavia.pp.ru>
* fix to rateup where  sizeof(time_t) != sizeof(long)

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich