[mrtg] Memory pool

Marcelo marcelo.sper at superig.com.br
Mon Jul 7 15:14:25 MEST 2003

Hi,
 I'm trying to pool some information about Memory usage, but
it isn't working out. I have seen the model of configuring the cfg file to
pool
this information in http://mrtg.gvolk.com/template/host-ios.template , and I
have made cfg in accordance to this model. But it didn't work, it isn't
pooling
the information about memory from the routers I'm trying to monitor (it
created
the template but it doesn't pools anything), despite it's pooling perfectly
the
CPU usage, that I created with the same model. I researched a lot and I
found
out that maybe some times that the NMS (acctually MRTG) doesn't recognizes
the
MIB you try to pool, but the documentation said that in order that the NMS
recognizes the MIB you have to load it into your NMS and that is what I did.
downloaded the MIBs, put it into my WorkDir directory and inserted in the
cfg
file the command: LoadMIBs: /usr/..../SNMPv2-TC.mib, /usr/.../CISCO-SMI.mib,
/usr/.../SNMPv2-CONF.mib, /usr/.../CISCO-TC.mib,
/usr/.../CISCO-QOS-PIB-MIB.mib, /usr/.../CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB.mib, but
still
isn't pooling.
What do you think? Am I making some mistake or can it be some problem with
the
net devices?

Thanks a lot for your attention.
Marcelo