[mrtg] Re: Can MRTG monitor bandwidth on specific pots?

Schahzad Z. Choudhry ahmiq at brain.net.pk
Fri Jul 11 05:11:45 MEST 2003

If u have cisco device take a look at netflow.Some one year back i cried to
find out what is going on my network,How much traffic any specific port has,
but Almost reading the every word of some 10 mailing list i didnt find that.

You need to configure cache flow on ur cisco router interface and then
export it to some unix host.
Next there is a c code provide you  the information whats going on  ur
network.

To draw graphs i modified that c code to put alll the data in a database of
mysql and then through a perl script find out the how much traffic passing
through one port.This system gave me almost 75 % exact stats, but as i am
not a good programmer like Tobi so cant get much time to resolve some
issues.

Cflowed is also the some application help to fetch the stats from netflow
dump but i found that too much complex to configure and better was to write
my own one.

If you need that feel free to ask.
Regards
Schahzad Z. Choudhry