[mrtg] Re: RRD logfile error

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 10:07:53 MEST 2003

> /usr/local/mrtg-2/images/rrddata/border-espire.coinfotech.com_fa0_0.rrd
> with '1058302823:2041102695:191121217' illegal attempt to update using
> time 1058302823 when last update time is 1058302823 (minimum one second
> step)
> any known issues?

Same error, and a bit of investigation into the cause (but no cure):
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg24483.html

I have also seen a list entry from someone with the same problem on an
earlier version of MRTG, and obviously I use a different OS (windoze) to
you.
I have changed from Daemon to launching MRTG every 5 mins by a seperate
automation (MrDaemon for windows). It's a work-around, but it bypasses the
problem of the job stopping until I spot it the following day, and nothing
being logged in between.

Regards
Peter