[mrtg] Graph and Data Error (0 Data)

Cornwell, Eric J. EJCORNWELL at coopertire.com
Tue Jul 22 16:16:07 MEST 2003

 <<grapherror.bmp>> Hello,

	We monitor all our router connections and two of the most used are
giving me problems.  From looking at the log files the out put data gets set
to 0 during the highest use times.  The device is a Cisco 7200 series router
and the two troublesome interfaces are both partial T1's.
Small part of the log file:
1058881961 1418540836 3099390972
1058881961 57757 0 57757 0
1058881661 80419 0 80419 0
1058881500 55410 0 80419 0
1058881200 34292 0 34701 0
1058880900 32645 0 34701 0
1058880600 39612 0 47160 0
1058880300 57209 0 65771 0
1058880000 43813 56372 65771 105042
1058879700 22737 104853 24856 105042
1058879400 23441 103968 25628 104691
1058879100 28878 110279 31647 116186

The Next 5 Min run:
1058882261 1425907184 3139218497
1058882261 24554 0 24554 0
1058881961 57757 0 57757 0
1058881800 69918 0 80419 0
1058881500 55410 0 80419 0
1058881200 34292 0 34701 0
1058880900 32645 0 34701 0
1058880600 39612 0 47160 0
1058880300 57209 0 65771 0
1058880000 43813 56372 65771 105042
1058879700 22737 104853 24856 105042
1058879400 23441 103968 25628 104691
1058879100 28878 110279 31647 116186

As you can see, there is output data on the first line but the second line
seems to go to zero after a fixed amount of time.  The only thing I can
think of is in the logs I get the following error:
2003-07-22 09:59:18 -- Use of uninitialized value in system at mrtg line
1518.
But the times don't correlate with the missing data.

I have also attached a graph that shows what happens during the day.  I
don't know what to do to fix this.  I'm currently running MRTG 2.9.29.

Thanks!
Eric

-- Type: image/bmp
-- Size: 66k (68578 bytes)