[mrtg] Re: Problem with RunAsDaemon

Makai József jozsef.makai at siemens.com
Wed Jul 23 13:20:02 MEST 2003

If you start the mrtg in a command window, (perl mrtg protocol) you will get
the message:

Daemonizing...

But using a service manager to start or restart mrtg you will not see this
message.
Checking your data files or the graphs you will see if those are updated in
every 5 minutes or not.

I used the free 0.09 version with more then ten services on an NT box.

I have just downloaded the next info from the FireDaemon site:
End Of Life Products
As of April 15, 2003, the following versions of FireDaemon will considered
at "end of life". Technical support will no longer be available.

All FireDaemon versions prior to and including v0.09x
All Lite versions prior to the current shipping release.
FireDaemon v0.09c + UI will continue to be available for download at no
charge. Product documentation will be maintained online.

Jozsef