[mrtg] Re: MRTG not showing any upload traffic?

Evan Platt eplatt at 3wci.com
Sat Jul 26 19:00:22 MEST 2003

--On Saturday, July 26, 2003 12:53 AM -0500 fluhmann at vvm.com wrote:

>> I have my mrtg loaded at <http://home.espphotography.com/mrtg/>, however
>>  there's no outbound traffic showing. I'm running a SBC DSL line,
>> 1.5/128.  My mrtg.cfg is at <http://home.espphotography.com/mrtg.cfg>.
>> Am I missing  something obvious?
>

> Evan,
>
>   Try putting the Unscaled[127.0.0.1_65539]: ymdw option down in with your
> other options for the target.

I did, but forgot to copy the .cfg over (the CFG linked on my site isn't
the 'actual' cfg, but a copy from the directory where the real cfg resides.)

> It just looks like (to me) that your outbound traffic is so low that it
> isn't showing up on your graph.
>
> Outbound traffic is showing up on your 127.0.0.1_131076 interface.

Odd. Good call! As of a few months ago, I don't recall the 131076 updating!
It appears it is now. I replaced the log from the old interface (with about
4 months of download data but no upload data) with the 131076 data (with
about a months data).

Thanks for the help & catch!

Evan