[mrtg] Re: cisco 7206 question .

Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com
Mon Jul 28 15:27:20 MEST 2003

I've had plenty of problems getting reliable SNMP data from
7206's in general. The interface up/down values are sometimes
wrong causing a live interface to be skipped entirely. This
seems to happen more frequently on ATM subinterfaces.
Also, I have had trouble getting sane stats from M1T-T3 port
adaptors. The DS3 PAs that I have are sitting in 7206 VXRs
running 12.2(6a). They're weird snmp counter problems, like
no input bytes, and about one third of the output bytes. I
haven't bothered to open tickets on this stuff because I can
get reliable stats off of the adjacent routers/switches.