[mrtg] Re: Combining Attributes

Eric Brander Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb.com
Wed Jul 30 21:06:31 MEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter P. Benac" <ppbenac at emacolet.com>
To: <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 1:19 PM
Subject: [mrtg] Combining Attributes

> Greetings,
>
>    It is possible to combine attributes (i.e. ifdesc=descr+name)?

I assume you are referring to using Cfgmaker's command line arguements
for building a config file.  Although I don't think you can combine the
arguments as you've described, you can use templates to build a config
that pretty much will do whatever you want.

Templates are somewhat complicated however, and I could in no way
adequately describe how to solve your problem in a simple email. I do
recommend reading the Template section under the CfgMaker manual, and
also scanning through the templates stored at the wonderful Somix web
site at http://www.somix.com/support/mrtg_repository.php.

Best of luck!

Eric Brander
Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb dot com