[mrtg] Re: MRTG with Cisco IMA Interface?

Mike Wren mwren at burnsmcd.com
Thu Jul 31 15:19:31 MEST 2003

I have a 2620 with an IMA interface and I used cfgmaker to create the config file.  What does it show for the Max Speed?  I have a four port card, but I am currently only using 2 of the T1 ports.  My Max Speed is 375.0 MBytes and the ifType is aal5 (49).  The amount of traffic on my graph looks correct.  I would not think that cfgmaker would make the target correctly.  The possibility is that it doesn't know the correct speed.  It has been a while but I think that I added a BANDWIDTH command for the interface.  Below is the config for the interface from my router:

interface ATM1/IMA0.1 point-to-point
 description Link to Kansas City
 mtu 1500
 bandwidth 3000000
 backup delay 10 60
 backup interface Dialer1
 ip address 10.10.254.2 255.255.255.0
 no ip route-cache
 no ip mroute-cache
 pvc 1/136
  protocol ip 10.10.254.1 broadcast
  broadcast
  encapsulation aal5snap

Michael Wren
Senior Network Analyst
Burns & McDonnell Engineering
P.O. Box 419173
Kansas City, MO 64141-6173
mwren at burnsmcd.com
816-822-3160

>>> Chris Cook <ccook at tcworks.net> 07/30/2003 6:28:09 PM >>>
Hello,
	I'm trying to graph traffic on a Cisco IMA interface but all I get is
all 0's for traffic passed.  I can look at the interface on the router
itself and see the data incrementing.  I'm using the config produced by
cfgmaker for the IMA interface.  Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

--
Chris

|Chris Cook - Admin     |TCWORKS.NET - http://www.tcworks.net |