[mrtg] HP Page counts

Darryl Kegg Darryl.kegg at thehortongroup.com
Thu Jun 5 15:46:19 MEST 2003

I am not 100% sure if this is relevant to MRTG, but since I enjoy using the
product very much I will ask here.

I have 30 - 40 printers in my organization that are all networked, for the
higher-end units I use MRTG to get toner life, however I now have a need to
obtain the printer page counts once a month and was wondering if there was
any way to configure MRTG to get the page count from each printer (I know
the OID) and present them in a column format?

Example:

Printer Name Count
Printer Name Count
etc..

I don't need a graph since I will only be getting the count once a month,
and it is very time consuming to open each LOG file and cut / paste the page
count to a spreadsheet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.