[mrtg] MRTG upgrade problems

Jorge Ibáñez jibanez at unav.es
Tue Jun 10 10:39:29 MEST 2003

Hello.

I have been using MRTG on a Solaris Machine for long time. Now I have
change that machine for a new Intel server with RedHat Linux 9.0 and I
have found two problems.
In Solaris I had mrtg 2.9.22, rrdtool 1.0.38 and mrtg-rrd.cgi like
frontend. In Intel server I have installed mrtg 2.9.29 and rrdtool 1.0.41.

1.- The rrd files are not compatible. This is the message: "Error:
RRDs::graph failed, This RRD was created on other architecture"
So I must begin with new rrd files, losing all my old values...

2.- All the values in the html pages: Max, Average and Current say
"%.1lf", even this way the graphs are good.

What can I do?

Any suggestions much appreciated

Thanks.

Jorge