[mrtg] Re: ifInErrors & IfOutErrors not updating the Log for Cisco 3640

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 12:09:38 MEST 2003

>>However, when I try to graph the error packet in & out it only
>>seems to update the first line in log. I have looked at the possibility
>>of the Maxbytes value being set too low, though changing this
>>doesn't seem to have an effect. Verified that the counter is actually
>>changing, the new value is entered on the first line and the old
>>ones "discarded", it feels like maxbytes but it doesn't add up for me.
<snip>
>>Options[_]: growright,nopercent
>>MaxBytes[Errors]: 1000000
<snip>
>>Heres the log file
>>1055841309 102472 56605
>>1055841309 0 0 0 0
<snip>

I agree with you on Maxbytes.

Option2. value is too low.
Did you want the gauge option (probably not), or do you want 'per second'.
Calculate what your error rate per second is, and I will lay good money on
it being less than one per second. MRTG does not do fractions.
Try the per minute option (or per hour, or multiple by 100.......)

Regards
Peter