[mrtg] Re: Tuning rrdtool

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Jun 18 01:23:48 MEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 04:23:36PM -0400, Aldridge, Donald R. (DRA) wrote:

> month graph.  I have looked at the documentation and I am not clear on how I
> would go about modifying my current rrdtool implementation to produce the
> 5-minute average graph for a 1 month period.

Alter the size of the corresponding RRA.  Use "rrdtool resize" to do so.

When you do this, do it in multiple small steps.  For instance, each day
add a day.  This way you don't end up with a large amount of unknown data.

Once the entire month is available, you can query it.

HTH
Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit