[mrtg] Packet loss error

Alegria, Luis lalegria at ics-canada.net
Wed Jun 18 20:19:06 MEST 2003

Hi Everyone

I've been running MRTG with rrdtool and routers2.cgi in a Windows 2000
server for about 6 months. Everything is working fine.

Now; I've been trying to add ping and packet lost monitoring to the most
critical routers. The ping part is working fine, but I encountered some
problems with the packet loss portion of it. I looked some examples in the
internet (by the way I'm using mrtg-ping-probe.pl) and when I try to run it,
I get the following error "Unkown Option": p,

This is my target line.

Target[x.x.x.x_ping]: `c:\mrtg\pingprobe\mrtg-ping-probe.pl -k 50 -p
loss/loss x.x.x.x`

Any suggestion would be appreciated

Luis Alegria

ICS Courier Services' Network God