[mrtg] Firedaemon & performance

Alan darlists at bakerd.com
Thu Jun 19 17:42:36 MEST 2003

I am looking at Firedaemon to run mrtg as a service.  I see that the
lite version says "Maximum Installable Services per Machine" is 1.  Does
this mean I can only set up one service with it?

For those that may be using this, should I just setup one service using
one big config file, or if I can create more than one service with it,
should I break things up a little running multiple services and configs?

What is a good performance area for devices in one config file, 50
interfaces, 100, 200 ...... ?

I am also looking at using RRDtool.  Would this still need to use
Firedaemon to run a service?

Thanks