[mrtg] Re: Merging graphs

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Jun 24 22:24:13 MEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 11:41:32AM -0500, Jason Jessico wrote:

> I am looking for the proper method to merge two graphs.  We are running
> MRTG-2 and switched routers over and now have all graph history in separate
> files than the recent graph info.  We would like to merge them.

Short version of the answer:

1) update both log files (run MRTG on both) at the same time
2) split each file in two parts (at the appropriate time stamp)
3) merge the top half of the new file with the bottom half of the old file

For the long answer, see the archives of this list.

HTH
Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit