[mrtg] MRTG MAC Monitoring

R. Stasel rstasel at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Mon Jun 30 21:05:39 MEST 2003

Hello there,

Have a question that doesn't seem to be covered in the docs, or
anywhere online (I may just not be searching for the right thing).

Here's my situation (since i think this is the best way to explain what
I want):

I live in a house with several roommates.  We have a wireless network
that is hosted by a few AP-500's (SNMP capable).  Currently I am just
monitoring overall traffic across the wap.  What I would like to do is
be able to track individual user usage (via MAC address probably).

Is this possible?  Does SNMP even track that kind of information, or
does it just keep track of overall bandwidth and not individual usage?

Thanks in advance, whatever the answer may be.

-Ryan Stasel