[mrtg] Re: Work dirs..

Brett Marler brett at asroma.homeip.net
Sat Mar 1 04:59:29 MET 2003

> Is it possible to have two working  dirs and two mrtg.cfg file, both being
> active?? The reason being I don't want to add too many ip address into one
> file.
I find the easiest way to maintain my setup is to have a very basic and short
mrtg.cfg (defining WorkDir and a few other options) and then have seperate
configuration files for different hosts/routers and use the "Include" global
parameter. So my mrtg.cfg looks like:

--
WorkDir: /var/www/html/mrtg/
IconDir: /var/www/html/mrtg/

Then I use "14all.cgi" to view the different configuration files. Very simple to setup and once setup, requires no further administering.

Oh, almost forgot, you can only define 1 WorkDir (as its a global parameter) but you can specify different directories for the files). It's all outlined in the manual.

Regards.
--
Brett Marler <brett at asroma.homeip.net>
WWW:	http://asroma.homeip.net/

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: application/pgp-signature