[mrtg] Re: mrtg for hd-free monitoring

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Mar 4 00:21:38 MET 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 12:01:16AM +0100, Thomas Schweikle wrote:

> I am a bit clueless at the moment. Any idea what is wrong with my
> configuration file?

Two OIDs. Always.  Not one.  Never.

For adding and subtracting:

1) Don't try this unless you know how to do the basic stuff
2) Two OIDs. Always.  Not one.  Never.

This: OID1&OID2 - OID3&OID4
will result in (OID1-OID3) for the in-rate and (OID2-OID4) for the out-counter.

Not: OID1 - OID3 & OID2 - OID4

Not sure if this is necessary but it certainly doesn't hurt: place a space
between the colon and "gauge".

Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit