[mrtg] Re: Monitoring APC UPS temp

Syed Ali syed at nec-labs.com
Tue Mar 4 18:59:12 MET 2003

Since we are talking about temperature, any suggestions on which place
is best in a data center for temperature and humidity probes?
Some options that I can think of are:

1. in front of servers (all my servers take in care from the front and
push it out of the back)
2. in back of servers
3. away from the servers

With #1 I can get an estimate of the temp and humidity of the air intake
for the servers.
With #2 I can get an estimate of the temp and humidity of the air being
output by the servers.
With #3 I can get an estimate of the general temp and humidity in the
data center.

Any thoughts?