[mrtg] Install Help...

Chad Stalvey cstalvey at hcsmail.com
Tue Mar 4 19:11:31 MET 2003

Preface:
I have searched through the archives of this mailing list this morning
without any luck on this question.
System=FreeBSD 4.0

I keep getting this error when running:

./configure
		--prefix=/usr/local/mrtg-2
		--with-gd=/usr/local/src/gd
		--with-png=/usr/local/src/libpng
		--with-z=/usr/local/src/zlib

/* snip */

checking for the presence of MacOS X... uff, that was close
checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng_jpg in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng_jpg_ft in -lgd... no
checking for gdImageGd in -lgd... no
checking gd.h usability... yes
checking gd.h presence... yes
checking for gd.h... yes

** The GD library is required for rateup to compile.
   Get it from http://www.boutell.com, compile it and
   use either --with-gd-lib=DIR and --with-gd-inc=DIR to specify
   its location. You might also have to use --with-z-inc, --with-z-lib
   and --with-png-inc, --with-png-lib for gd versions 1.6 and higher.
   Check config.log for more information on the problem. If your system
   has libgd installed, you probably mis the gd.h header file.

   Consider following the instructions in doc/unix-guide.txt

/* end snip */

I followed the steps in doc/unix-guide.txt, several times to no avail.
Anyone know of how I can get mrtg to notice GD? Am I overlooking something
here?

Chad Stalvey
Systems Engineer
Hayes E-Government Resources