[mrtg] Include: directive

Mike Roberts mroberts at hcs.net
Wed Mar 5 19:44:06 MET 2003

I am having trouble getting MRTG to read its configuration files
properly.   The main mrtg.cfg file contains several Include: statements
that point to the various configuration files for my devices.  The
problem is, MRTG is only processing the last Include: statement in the
main mrtg.cfg file.  My mrtg.cfg file looks like this:

# Basic MRTG config file

### Global Config Options

#  for UNIX
#WorkDir: /var/www/html/mrtg
Logdir: /var/log/mrtg
#RunAsDaemon:Yes
#Interval: 5

### Global Defaults

#  to get bits instead of bytes and graphs growing to the right
Options[_]: growright, bits

# Start of Include directives
Include: 6506-a_201.206.190.225.cfg
Include: 6506-b_201.206.190.226.cfg
Include: 3550g-2-a_201.206.190.238.cfg
Include: 3550g-2-b_201.206.190.242.cfg
Include: 3550t-5_201.206.190.1.cfg

#eof

The only Include: statement that is being processed is
3550t-5_201.206.190.1.cfg ... I even tried re-ordering the Include:
statements and the last line is always the one that gets processed.

Please help.

Thanks,
Mike Roberts
Sr. Network Engineer