[mrtg] Log.

mahesh_s mahesh_s at stpb.soft.net
Thu Mar 6 19:34:49 MET 2003

Hi,

I am trying to configure MRTG for the first time & I am not able to
understand few things even after going through the documentation.

I have generated the cfgmaker with the following command & it works fine

perl cfgmaker --global "workdir: e:\test" --global
"options[_]: growright,bits"
--ifref=ip community at router1 community at router2 > mrtg.cfg

I am able to generate the basic graph for the router 1 & 2.

My question is :

1. If we add a new interface I need to run the same script again  since
   MRTG doesnot recognise any new changes?

2. When I perform the step1 I need to append this to the existing logfile
   that was created earlier before step1 so as to retain the past data.

Request for suggestion or URL links that could help me.

rgds
Mahesh.S